Painting wood – tips for your wood painting
Many people are hesitant when it comes to painting wood. This shouldn’t be much different than painting your walls or other surfaces – here are some tips for your wood painting!
- Fix damages. Check the wood surface for any holes or damages and fill these holes with wood filler.
- Applying a sealer. If you have filled holes, let this dry before you continue painting.
- Sanding. Wood can get rough spots (especially if it’s left outside). Sand the wood before you start painting.
- Window frames. If you are painting window trims, leave the windows open so that the paint can dry and it doesn’t get stuck to the windows.
- Use tape. When painting doors and windows, use tape so that you don’t drip paint onto the door or window.
- Painting drawers – remove all the drawers and paint the base part of the chest of drawers before you continue painting each separate drawer.
Where to get woodtreat and paint in Gauteng:
Warrior Paints has an extensive range of woodtreat in Gauteng. Our range includes:
- Warrior Woodtreat Copal Varnish
- Warrior Woodtreat Polyurethane Interior Varnish
- Warrior Woodtreat Stain Concentrates
- Warrior Woodtreat Waksol F
- Warrior Woodtreat Woodseal Exterior
- Warrior Woodtreat Yacht Varnish
- Warrior Woodtreat Wood Rejuvenator