Warrior Direct to Metal Acrylic is specifically formulated as a superior anti-corrosive, non-toxic metal primer and topcoat with excellent adhesion.
Warrior Direct to Metal Acrylic can be applied as a primer coat and finishing coat to wrought iron, mild steel, prepared rusted surfaces, fences, handrails, gates and most metal surfaces.
SPECIFICATION OR RECOMMENDED PAINT SYSTEM:
The surface should be sound, clean, dry, and free from grease and rust. Stir Warrior Direct to Metal Acrylic thoroughly with a flat paddle before use.
WHEN USED AS A PRIMER COAT:
- New steel: Abrade smooth and shiny mild steel with coarse sand paper to ensure good adhesion. Rinse well with solvents such as thinners or turps.
- New Galvanised iron: Clean thoroughly with Warrior Galvanised Iron Cleaner to ensure that all oils are removed. Rinse thoroughly with water and allow to dry.
- Old steel: Remove all loose and flaking material by wire brush or sanding. Rinse thoroughly with water and allow to dry.
- Previously Painted Surfaces: Remove by scraping, wire brushing or sanding all soft powdered, blistered, loose or flaking paint. Gloss or semi-gloss surfaces must be lightly sanded with a fine abrasive to provide a good key for subsequent coats. Prime bare areas on masonry with one coat Warrior Water Based Alkali Resistant Plaster Primer. Allow to dry for 6 hours. Prime bare areas on wooden surfaces with Warrior Wood Primer. Allow to dry for 16 hours.
Apply at least two coats of Warrior Direct to Metal Acrylic in colour of choice. Allow 4 hours drying time between coats
|APPLICATION:||rush, Roller or Spray*|
|THINNING SOLVENT:||Do not thin|
|SPREADING RATE:|| PRIMER COAT: 6-8 m² per litre|
FINAL COAT: 6-8 m² per litre
SURFACE DRY: 1 hour
|DRYING TIME:||SURFACE DRY: 1 hour|
HARD DRY: 4 hours
OVERCOATING: 4-6 hours
|PACK SIZE:||1L and 5L|
|COLOUR RANGE:||Red Oxide, Black, Brown, Green, White and Grey|
|RELATIVE DENSITY:||1, 28 +0, 05 kg per litre|
|FLASH POINT||Non flammable|
*For spray application consult our Technical Department.
- It is important that this product be thoroughly mixed with a flat paddle before use.
- As per standard painting practices, no painting should take place if surface or ambient temperatures are below 10⁰C or above 40° Painting should cease at 3pm or when rain is imminent.