Warrior Damp Block
Warrior Damp Block is a white, cementitious, solvent based acrylic sealer specifically designed to block the effects of rising or penetrating damp on concrete or plastered surfaces.
Warrior Damp Block is used to block dampness and thereby protect subsequent coats of paint. It can be used in areas affected by rising damp, or any area where penetrating damp is a problem eg basements, flower boxes, bathrooms etc.
SPECIFICATION OR RECOMMENDED PAINT SYSTEM:
- Surface preparation: All existing paint must be removed down to bare plaster. The substrate must be free from excess dust or any form of contamination. Any mould or algae should be treated with Warrior Anti-Fungal Wash. If plasterwork has been damaged by moisture, all affected plaster should be removed.
- Finishing: Apply one coat of Warrior Damp Block at a spreading rate of 2-3m² per litre. It is extremely important that the correct spreading rate is followed and that an even application is achieved with no areas omitted. Allow Warrior Damp Block to dry for 24 hours prior to over coating with at least two coats of finishing acrylic.
|APPLICATION:||Brush or Roller|
| CLEANING SOLVENT:||Mineral Turpentine|
|THINNING SOLVENT||Do not thin|
|SPREADING RATE:||2-3m² per litre|
|DRYING TIMES:|| SURFACE DRY: 4 hours|
HARD DRY: 24 hours
OVERCOATING: 24 hours
|PACK SIZE:||1L, 5L|
|SPECIFIC GRAVITY:||1, 45 + 0, 05 kg per litre|
- It is always recommended to remedy the cause of the moisture, prior to application.
- The effectiveness of this product is limited to the extent of the moisture problem.
- It is important that this product be thoroughly mixed with a flat paddle before use.
- As per standard painting practices, no painting should take place if surface or ambient temperatures are below 10⁰C or above 30⁰C. Painting should cease at 3pm or when rain is imminent.
Contact us for the Warrior Damp Block.