Choosing paints for your nursery? Great places to look for inspiration
Colourful paints are a fantastic way to decorate your baby’s nursery room. If you have a baby on the way, you will understandably be filled with joy and anticipation.
Unfortunately there are a lot of expenses associated with having a baby. There’s the new cot, high chair, and car seats, not to mention pricey nappies. After you’ve bought all your baby supplies, you may be close to broke before you have even had a chance to decorate the baby room.
Don’t despair! Painting is a cheap way for you to decorate the nursery. Using colourful paints, you can decorate your baby’s nursery, giving it a very personal touch. No matter what theme or colours you want for your baby room, a few tins of paint will get you there.
Five places to find inspiration for your baby room
- Page through some children’s books . There are some terrific children’s classics that can be used for themes in your nursery. Think about Dr. Seuss, Winnie the Pooh and Beatrix Potter. Many of the characters from these classics can also be found in colouring in books, making it easy for you to stencil them onto your nursery walls.
- The natural world . Animal themes work incredibly well in nurseries. You can also find simple animal designs in colouring in books that are easy to copy onto the walls.
- Pinterest . This online scrap-boarding site is a great place to look for ideas. You can even rope in your baby’s grandparents by starting a group board where you can all pin your favourite ideas.
- Look at your baby’s bedding . If you have found baby bedding you really like, you can highlight you can choose the same colouring on your walls.
- Nursery rhymes . There are a lot of nursery rhymes that are easy to illustrate on your nursery walls. This will also encourage your child to make associations, helping them to learn.
Once you have decided on a theme and colours for your nursery, contact Warrior Paints for top quality paints.